"Transforming and Strengthening
Congregations to be
Missional, Pastoral, and Prophetic"
Meet: 4th Tuesday at 10:00AM
- What we do - This ministry team has the responsibility for interpreting and enhancing the relationship of the Presbytery and its congregations with the mission programs of the governing bodies of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and related ecumenical bodies.
- We provide for liaisons and require membership to those local agencies with which the Presbytery has mission partnerships. The team explores and creates new partnerships between congregations in the Presbytery and other entities locally and globally.
- MIMT also encourages and supports the development of new partnerships for mission between congregations in the Presbytery. We encourage the practical hands on work along with the spiritual discernment of what is God calling us to do as we utilize the gifts, strengths and talents of the people in the Presbytery
- Mission Statement - MIMT seeks to encourage, facilitate and promote Mission in the Presbytery of Detroit through its Work Groups, Campus Ministries and Missions funded by this Ministry team. We help our congregations both to be more missional and to discern what God is calling them to do.
Missionary Connection Request Form
Prayers for Our Partners in Kenya
Middleburg Care Village WG
- The camperships workgroup is a small group of people who love camp and want every child to have a chance to enjoy camp as well. We administer a small fund that the dedicated to providing a week of summer camp to children who could not otherwise afford it.
- This camp scholarship is open to all school age children within the Presbytery of Detroit with a preference given to urban congregations. We also provide a stipend for transportation to camp and the option to ask for any help getting any camp specific equipment that might be needed in hopes of removing any barrier to attending a week of camp.
- Workgroup members meet twice a year in person, in the fall and winter, and via conference call as needed the rest of the year. We set up the process for applying, set award amounts and criteria and work to communicate this opportunity to the Presbytery.
Second Mile Center WG
- Middelburg Care Village (MCV) was founded to address the needs of orphans in Middelburg, Mpumalanga, South Africa. These children, over 100 of them, will never be adopted. MCV meets their physical and spiritual needs as well as facilitating the fulfillment of their educational needs. The South African government must provide education for them but the quality of education offered may not enable the children to become fully functional self-supporting adults.
Saline Presbyterian Church established a relationship with MCV in August of 2017. Mission trips from Saline PC assisted by Saline public schools have improved the quality of life of these children greatly. For example, the dining hall has been renovated and newly furnished. Additionally, the children have received donated IPad to assist in their education.
MCV became a workgroup of the Presbytery of Detroit Mission Interpretation Ministry Team (MIMT) in April of 2019. There are many needs that remain. Our short term vision is to build a chapel for the children. In the longer term we prayerfully seek to build a self-sustaining school on campus.
- More information may be obtained by visiting www.cvoutreach.org or by contacting Bob Cindric at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thika Partnership WG
- The Second Mile Center of Detroit (SMCD) strives to enhance the quality of lives through Christ within our beloved community; to be a beacon of light sharing faith, hope and love by teaching, clothing, and feeding, transforming one life at a time.
SMCD witnesses the love of Christ on the East Side of Detroit, zip code 48205. SMCD concentrates on the youth, ages 3-19 through faith-based programs all year long, as well as assisting families and the homeless.
We are a safe haven giving an alternative…love, self-determination and personal responsibility to the all-to-frequent tragedies of street life...crime, drugs, alcohol and a gang lifestyle. We offer for free an environment of care and support, the Word of God, prepared food, barbeques to go, summer day camp outside, after school program, hygiene kits, clothing and food distribution and school supplies.
SMCD is a 501 © 3 organization governed by a Board of Directors with the majority being Presbyterians stated by our Bylaws.
Visit us at www.secondmilecenter.org
Garissa Well Project
Prospecting for more than oil
Mission Opportunity - Thika Water Well