"Transforming and Strengthening
Congregations to be
Missional, Pastoral, and Prophetic"
Meet: 4th Tuesday at 10:00AM
- What we do - This ministry team has the responsibility for interpreting and enhancing the relationship of the Presbytery and its congregations with the mission programs of the governing bodies of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and related ecumenical bodies.
- We provide for liaisons and require membership to those local agencies with which the Presbytery has mission partnerships. The team explores and creates new partnerships between congregations in the Presbytery and other entities locally and globally.
- MIMT also encourages and supports the development of new partnerships for mission between congregations in the Presbytery. We encourage the practical hands on work along with the spiritual discernment of what is God calling us to do as we utilize the gifts, strengths and talents of the people in the Presbytery
- Mission Statement - MIMT seeks to encourage, facilitate and promote Mission in the Presbytery of Detroit through its Work Groups, Campus Ministries and Missions funded by this Ministry team. We help our congregations both to be more missional and to discern what God is calling them to do.
Missionary Connection Request Form
Prayers for Our Partners in Kenya
Thika Partnership WG
- The camperships workgroup is a small group of people who love camp and want every child to have a chance to enjoy camp as well. We administer a small fund that the dedicated to providing a week of summer camp to children who could not otherwise afford it.
- This camp scholarship is open to all school age children within the Presbytery of Detroit with a preference given to urban congregations. We also provide a stipend for transportation to camp and the option to ask for any help getting any camp specific equipment that might be needed in hopes of removing any barrier to attending a week of camp.
- Workgroup members meet twice a year in person, in the fall and winter, and via conference call as needed the rest of the year. We set up the process for applying, set award amounts and criteria and work to communicate this opportunity to the Presbytery.
Garissa Well Project
Prospecting for more than oil
Mission Opportunity - Thika Water Well
Thika Partnership Update